Yarrilee Whole School Support Program
Students experience inclusive education when they can access and fully participate in learning, alongside their similar-aged peers, supported by reasonable adjustments and teaching strategies tailored to meet their individual needs. Inclusion is embedded in all aspects of school life, and is supported by culture, policies and every day practices.
Our Whole School Framework for Supporting Diverse Learners is a model to ensure that all students receive the time and support they need to be successful.
This includes those in need of support with academic learning, communication, social emotional learning, behaviour learning; those who have educational support needs arising from disability and those learning English as an additional language or dialect ( EAL/D). Cultural and linguistic background, socio- economic status and mental health and wellbeing contribute to the diversity and complexity of student learning needs.
A whole school approach to Diverse Learning directs support to different levels of student need. Three layers provide a continuum of support with increasingly focused and personalised teaching and intervention and behaviour, and involvement of support staff.
Our Diverse Learning Support Team consists of :
- Head of Special Education Services-
Supporting inclusive education for students with disabilities and diverse learning needs
- Diverse Learning Co-ordinators- Lower School and Upper School supporting teachers with adjustments to learning programs to support diverse needs and co teaching
- Diverse Learning Support Teachers – Supporting children with intensive and focussed intervention programs including:
- Intensive intervention in Reading, Oral Language and Speech
- Co teaching to support Literacy and Numeracy
- Social/ Emotional Learning
- Early Literacy Foundations.
- Speech Language Therapist- Identification of speech language issues and formulation of speech intervention programs
- Teacher Aides Supporting Diverse Learners –
- Prep supporting the first year of schooling
- Flying Squad Literacy Blocks
- Reading Mileage Support Program
- In class support in every classroom for diverse learners
- Intensive Speech and Oral Language Programs
- Social Emotional and Resilience Programs
- Trauma and anxiety Support
- Children in Care intensive support
- Complex health needs support.