The school council meets once per term. This group contributes to the strategic leadership of the school and acts as a bridge between the school and the local community including staff, parents, government departments, community groups and local businesses and industries.
The School Council is made up of an equal number of elected parent and school staff representatives. The P&C President and Principal are official members of the school council. The school council can also have up to two appointed members to enhance the skills and knowledge of the council.
The Yarrilee State School Council currently has 6 members including:
- Mrs Sharon McMorrow (Official Member- Principal)
- Mrs Vanessa Lazarus ( Official Member- P&C President)
- Mrs Neroli Gilmour ( Teaching Representative)
- Mr Rohan Fonseka ( Non- Teaching Representative)
- Mrs Kathryn Rodda ( Parent Representative)
- Ms Krisitin Peachey ( Parent Representative and School Council Chair)
- Appointed members ( yet to be determined)